2.18.2010

Encouragement.

Goodness, I know I am quite young but high school already feels like it was so long ago! Tonight I met up with two wonderful ladies from high school that I honestly never thought I could be friends with. Maybe it was the situation in high school, or the cliques, I honestly do not know. But, there was definitely a connection between us that nobody could deny. Maybe it was the fact that the three of us were wives and we could definitely share that in common, but there was so much more to it. One of us is going to school and working, the other working and taking care of a newborn and myself working and dealing with a deployed husband. The things that we all had in common was that we were all wives and we had all dealt with a lot of hardship in our lives.
Now I don't expect anyone's life to be perfect, but it was so encouraging to me to know that others around me had gone through things in their lives out of their control as well. I think the hardest part of dealing with things in my life was loosing my faith for a while. While that definitely caused a roller coaster of events afterwords, at the time it was always back to the same question, "Why?"
It has taken me a long time to realize the answer to that question but I know I can definitely answer it now honestly and correctly. To simply put it, He already told us the answer, God does NOT give us more than what we can handle. Life is not perfect, nor will it ever be perfect (Not until Jesus comes back that is), but we are called to make the best of it, to live our lives in an honorable Godly way. From the second Eve ate the apple our reality was changed forever. There was no more silver lining in the garden, it was diminished and we were thrown out. I honestly believe that if Eve wouldn't have eaten of the apple, someone would have. We are not perfect humans, we are not living in a perfect society (check out the economy!), but we have a perfect God. A PERFECT being we can look up to for advice and guidance on how to live our lives. I am not perfect, nor will I ever call myself that, but I am slowly learning the idea of leaning on Him more. I don't have a husband to call or turn to every second my day right now and honestly maybe that is why God allowed Josh to be sent overseas. It's His way of letting me know that hey, I am right here 24/7! HELLO! When your living your lives apart, you have got to learn to lean on others and God. I am so happy to have reconnected with these women from the past! It's definitely given me such a boost in my life right now.
I think my words of advice to people going through something/anything in their life right now is, if you haven't turned to God already with your problems, He is waiting for you. Just turn around and run in His arms. Also, if you don't have someone to connect with, find that somebody, because trust me, it helps a lot.
To the YWC (Yes, we have a name. Yes, we know we are cheesy. No, we don't care. :D)
-ana
P.S. Yes that is me in high school
Joshua 1:9 (Josh's favorite verse)
"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Please keep them positive and insightful.