2.13.2010

How do I do it?

I get this question a lot with Josh gone. Most of the time I tend to shrug it off like it's nothing. I want to give off the illusion that I can do anything, I am the strongest woman there is. I don't like weakness and I don't like to show it. But the truth is, when I ask myself that question I really don't have a definitive answer, you just do.
I want to put it foremost that I don't believe in divorce, find me old-fashioned, but I believe you can work things out.  In 2008 there were over 13,000 military divorce rates! I understand that there are problems in a marriage, yes some you can't work out (abuse, neglect), but most of them, you can. With that being said, getting back to the original question, 'How do I do it?' Being a newlywed and having to move again, the statistics are already against me. I think the best way to describe how I think everyday is positive. If I didn't think positively, I don't know if I could make it (Yes, this coming from the person that just talked about divorce). Now don't get me wrong, I have my days where I just can't shake that feeling of loneliness and missing him. But that's where I turn to faith, without faith I don't think this would work. Seeing as my relationship with Josh has been long distance since day one (That's another post for another time), faith and communication has been the key ingredient to making things work. We talk about EVERYTHING and anything. When we can't figure something out, we pray, let somebody else take hold of our problems.
Communication with him being in a third world country isn't always the easiest either, with great inventions like E-Mail, Skype and him being able to call me every now and then (even if it is for a couple minutes), we get everything out on the table immediately and figure things out right then.

What the distance between us has taught me is, marriage isn't about how much you see or be with each other, it's about how much you grow together as one. Even if you are making it work across continents.
It's hard, it's rough, yes it sucks A LOT at times, but you get through it. You keep your head up and your feet moving forward and you DON'T look back.
Good night.
-ana

1 comment:

  1. AHHH I love love love you!! You and Josh make me happy :) There's always gonna be haters but you guys will prove them all wrong!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! Please keep them positive and insightful.