2.21.2010

Poetry

Thank you to all who enjoy my writing! I really do appreciate the feedback and comments! It really makes me feel good and keeps me thinking positive about writing. Anyway, I was recently talking to a friend of mine about writing and the subject of poetry came up.
When I was I think 10-13 years old I was actually published eight times. I was asked to go down to Hollywood, CA for a contest I was entered in. I didn't win, but I did have to read my poetry in front of about 500 people or so. My friend asked me to post some of my poetry up here, so please don't laugh TOO hard, remember I was VERY young. But I have loved writing poetry and writing in general for a quite a while now.

Choose
two roads, one choice
left ,right
which way?
confused
afraid
sun,darkness
death,life
depression
happiness
why,when
where,how
no
yes
frustration

two roads
one choice
the choice is yours 


Water
Water is a thirst quencher
flowing down my well
spoken throat.

It is the waves of the sea
rushing in from the
largest body of water.

It is a snake slithering
down in my inmost self.

It is the thing
that knows me best.

Water

Here is the link to the website with the rest of my poetry. I have a lot more poetry that hasn't been published, but this is what I entered years ago. :)
Enjoy.
-ana


Peaceful BEAUTIFUL day at Golden Gardens, check out that reflection!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Please keep them positive and insightful.