2.23.2010

Truth to reality

My favorite poet growing up was Shel Silverstein and I think he summed up how we are as humans quite well and how quickly we can get overwhelmed with life. Here's a great poem by him,

God's Wheel by Shel Silverstein 
GOD says to me with a kind 
of smile, "Hey how would you like 
to be God awhile And steer the world?"
"Okay," says I, "I'll give it a try.

Where do I set?
How much do I get?
What time is lunch?
When can I quit?"

"Gimme back that wheel," says GOD
"I don't think you're quite ready YET." 

I really have nothing to be overwhelmed with, but there are definite times when I am overwhelmed with missing Josh. It's funny, because I always seem to come back to the same question lately. Why am I having a harder time now, than before we were married? I know one major problem is we only communicate a certain amount of time. Not by choice of course, but when you can only tell your significant other everything going through your mind in a matter of 30min, you either learn to talk really fast or you can't get all of it out at all.
Communication is key. I seriously cannot stress it enough. Josh and I have gotten into pointless arguments because one of us didn't mention something and it turned into a he said/she said argument! Women there is a reason God put us to be lower than men, it wasn't to make us feel belittled or anything, but it's simply to consult our significant other about everything. I really feel like this was the case. I know as a woman I struggle so much with telling everything and anything, something I think are just not important enough to mention or what's the point? But honestly it's those things I have found to come up in the future ten times worse! I have actually talked to those couples that have lasted 50 years + and they said the same thing, communication is the first thing. After that, comes fun and laugh with each other and poke fun when the time calls for it. On the phone or on Skype Josh and I are always poking fun or making each other smile when necessary. It's the way life is supposed to be lived. If we all focused on the CRAP that happens to us or that goes on in the world around us, I think we would either be really depressed or would have already committed suicide by now!
We are not meant to have the 'perfect' life or have it easy, honestly. Do you know anyone that has had it easy in their lives from day one? I sure don't! Even celebrities have messed up lives, look at what happened to Heath Ledger, amazing actor, but a persona he portrayed put him over the edge.
So lets all promise ourselves to make it better. Make our lives the best we can be, live them all to the fullest and show others how much fun we are having. I have always said to myself if I regretted the mistakes I made in the past, I would regret what those mistakes made me to be today. I don't want to regret who I am ever! I am going to make the best of each day, praising God and taking by storm with a smile.
MmmmmKAY???
-ana
Luke 1:37

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! Please keep them positive and insightful.