3.16.2010

Touche

Thinking positive lately has definitely helped me a lot. I find myself smiling more and appreciating even the simple things. Such as today, it was slightly raining, but extremely windy. I appreciated the wind today, it is definitely powerful and strong and can do so much damage, but it is also beautiful. You can't see the wind, you can't touch it, but you can feel the wind blowing against you. You can see it's beauty and destruction all in once. I appreciated the wind today because it made a normal day, abnormal. It was something different in the normally gray weather up here.
I got the chance to spend some time today with a coworker that I just met after moving back up here. She hasn't had the easiest life, but what was so encouraging to me was she has taken her life and turned it into something completely positive and has learned from it. Her home life hasn't always been great, but she has learned from others mistakes and knows she doesn't want to go down that route. She wants to make something of herself and be successful. The saying, "When life gives you lemons.." came up quite a bit today. My saying was, "When life gives you lemons, make tea." In other words turn it into something completely different and good for you. Hers was, "When life gives you lemons, make a lemon drop martini!" I think I like her idea a little better. Making something absolutely sweet and delicious from a product that was sour before, is great! Like taking a rough situation and making the best of it.
We should all strive to be our best all the time. Not to judge others, because we don't know what their situation is either. I am trying to be a better person and think more positive all the time. That is my ultimate goal and it is definitely helping me with Josh being gone. I feel like I appreciate the little things so much more.
Like it's said in Hebrew,
JEHOVAH-SHALOM:      "The Lord Our Peace"

-ana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Please keep them positive and insightful.