4.06.2010

Half-Way back to Vegas

    Sorry to all for not writing lately! I got hit in the face with lots of work and I just started taking a class at school. Not an easy one either, Human Biology.
So I was recently playing around on my iPhone, yes I am most definitely apart of the elite iPhone group. Thank goodness I am too, because I love my iPhone SO much! For those of you that have not tried it, your missing out! I even have a countdown for Josh on there (85 days today!)
    Anyway, back to the right topic, I just realized there is just under three months until I am back in Las Vegas! I can honestly say I've never been so excited in my life. Maybe it is because as soon as I get back, unpacking commences and then it's just a waiting game for Josh to get his butt back in town? Either way, it is very soon and I am starting to anticipate it in my heart a lot more now. I keep telling myself to make it to two and a half months, then two, one and a half and so on. Sometimes if I don't teach myself to say that it makes it that much harder on me and I get really depressed and down. I think overall this whole deployment experience has been a good one so far. I don't have anything else to compare it to, but I've made it over halfway through with a couple breakdowns and mainly smiles.
    People around me continually ask me how I do it. I don't think there is a '100% Success Recipe' for deployments, I think the ingredients are mainly composed of laughter, happiness, positive attitude and room for tears. Without the sadness or the missing, it wouldn't be complete. You have to cry yourself to sleep or even when your skyping with him in order to make it through. I know my husband is probably thinking I'm a complete hypocrite for saying so, because he knows me as the person that holds everything in and puts my big-girl pants on and "deals." But what is 'dealing' with it, with out that longing for your spouse? He is completely right in saying, "You have to let it out sometimes in order to be happy." Yes Josh, it's shocking, but I do listen to you sometimes.
So here is to smiling and going back to Vegas in less than three months!
-ana
“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.”
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Please keep them positive and insightful.