5.16.2010

Advice

My mother hosted the bridal shower of her good friends daughter yesterday. It was quite lovely to say the least. One of my favorite parts of it was everyone going around the room and sharing a piece of marriage advice to the new bride. One of the best pieces of advice in my opinion was, "There will be other wives you meet in your life, make sure you befriend wives that respect their husbands and love them, not hate them. That attitude gets passed onto you, whether you realize it or not." 
Probably my most favorite piece of advice I've ever heard. It's completely true though and it didn't dawn on me until now. She said in Pennsylvania she was neighbors with a couple wives there that hated on their husbands. After a while her husband started noticing she would come home with a hateful attitude about him after seeing those women. But if she would see positive women with a good attitude about their spouses, she always came home with a good attitude.
Just a good piece of Sunday advice I think. Happy Sunday to all of you.
-a.o.
                                           New Years 2009 in San Francisco, CA.

1 comment:

  1. What a great piece of advice! It is also one of the many reasons why I love being your friend! =]

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! Please keep them positive and insightful.