6.01.2010

Family

I write for me. I write to let loose, to empty my worries, shame, sadness, love, fears and creativity out here. This blog was created to get me through Josh's deployment, but I think I will keep it going.
I write for you. I write to show you who I am. What I stand for, where I am in my life, relationships, creativity and fears. I write so hopefully this might change someone's life one day. I'm not trying to be high and mighty or anything like that. I write to be real. I want furthermost to be real with myself and you.

This past Memorial Day weekend my family and I headed out to Chelan. My sisters, both dogs and parents, aunt, uncle and cousins. It was a blast to say the least. But I did learn something new, the worse your situation in life and your attitude only looks at it negatively, the more you affect those around you. It was so hard for me to be around them and not be negative. The old Ana came out a couple times, but I tell you it was definitely trying on me. I kind of kept to myself and made it my goal to finish a book I bought a while ago. Life is NEVER going to be perfect, no matter how hard you try. Most of us will never be in the financial situation we want to be, we won't be adored by everyone we know and some of us may never get what we want, all the time. But if life were perfect then it would also be easy and God never meant it to be easy. We are supposed to learn from every situation we are in and lean on Him to make it through it. Don't forget it was Him who put you here and it was Him who allowed that situation to come toward you and it's HIM who can pull you out.
I'm going to make it one of my goals to keep in touch with all of my family, no matter the attitude, no matter the hurt. I only hope that Christ can help me through that. Family has been so precious to me. We aren't perfect, but we are imperfect together and that's what matters. So today is for my family I've had, my family I haven't met and my new family. Thank you for taking me for me.
I'm going to make it one of my goals to keep in touch with all of my family, no matter the attitude, no matter the hurt. I only hope that Christ can help me through that. Family has been so precious to me. We aren't perfect, but we are imperfect together and that's what matters. So today is for my family I've had, my family I haven't met and my new family. Thank you for accepting me for who I am. 


I'm going to make it one of my goals to keep in touch with all of my family, no matter the attitude, no matter the hurt. I only hope that Christ can help me through that. Family has been so precious to me. We aren't perfect, but we are imperfect together and that's what matters. So today is for my family I've had, my family I haven't met and my new family. Thank you for taking me for me.



<--My New Family
<---My 'I grew up with you' family
(Ok this is only a picture of my sisters and I, BUT all the pictures with my sisters and my parents are from the wedding and three wedding pictures in one post looks cheesy to me.)



<--My husband and I. (The beginning of 'our' family started on Aug. 16)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Please keep them positive and insightful.