7.07.2010

Reality Check 101

Anyone ever ask you as a kid, "What would you like to be when your all grown up?" Back then our answers were anything from ballerina to major league baseball player and from a doctor all the way back to a pretty princess. Reality wasn't what it is now. As we got older we started thinking about what was realistic and what our passions were. In high school we were asked, "What is your major going to be in high school?" Our answers revolved around more 'serious' goals like, marketing analyst and pediatrician or even photographer and weatherman (or woman!). 
I'm stuck in a rut right now. I have graduated with my general A.A. and now is the time when I should be picking out a permanent major, right? Wrong. I still have no idea what to do. I have people from all angles telling me to sign up for college, later it's going to be too hard if you have a kid, your not going to want to go back...etc. My thoughts are always the same, why spend the money right now going towards a goal I don't want? I don't have an excess amount of money to spend right now, so why waste it? Personally, I am not exactly happy with my job right now. Don't get me wrong, I am extremely thankful for it, but do I honestly want to deal with customer's attitudes about how their drink doesn't look right or the person that made it is obviously out to get them because their drink isn't up to their standards at all. If I could be my own person right now and do whatever I want to while making money, I would. 
I am jealous of people knowing what exactly they want in their future careers. I want to be that person. If I could blog and make money, I would. :) Anyone else have any suggestions? 

1 comment:

  1. I know EXACTLY how you feel! It is the same reason that I haven't gone back yet! I don't want to waste money OR time

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! Please keep them positive and insightful.