9.23.2010

Farmers Market

Hello, my name is Ana and I am a farmers market junkie. 
"Hello, Ana."
It's true. 
-end of story. 

Just kidding, kind of. So ever since I left the Seattle area I've been craving a good market. 
I was raised on this stuff! It's in my blood! 
Sooooo after moving to Las Vegas, I started feeling the itch again for 
'the market.'
I had to suppress that itch so I searched, let me tell you it was not easy to find a farmers market in the 
desert. 
But, I did it! 
It's not necessarily what I am used to, it's definitely small, but growing rapidly. 
I'm excited to be part of the shoppers while it's still at the beginnings. Getting to know them 
is exciting. It's like a farmer/customer relationship and I love it. 

The farmers at the market have great items, there just isn't 
quite the variety I like. I still have to purchase a few things from the grocery store. 
But, my coworker introduced me to a Mario Batali run farmers market,
it has the variety I want, but not at the prices I need. Needless to say we still purchased a few things
while we were there. Goodness, they are D.E.L.I.C.I.O.U.S.! 
I don't think the photos will do them justice, but it's the only way I can think
of describing them. 


Tomatoes are some of my favorite fruits/veggies.


DELIC.

Yes that is fondue, whip cream and the sweetest strawberries EVER.


See what I mean? Photo's speak for themselves. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Please keep them positive and insightful.