10.30.2010

Days 27-29

day 27- why are you doing this 30 day challenge
To prove to myself I CAN finish something. Even if it takes me 31 days....(or 35)
 
day 28- a picture of you from last year and now, how have you changed since then?
October 2009
This was actually taken at the car show in October of 2009
July 2010
Taken at SeaWorld this past summer
 
Last year around this time I was thinking I had less than two months left with my husband before he deployed to Afghanistan. I tried to prepare myself for the emotions that were to come, but nothing can prepare you for the time your husband walks down the turnpike towards the plane and you hold onto another military wife balling your eyes out as everyone looks on. To say I was prepared would be to lie, I wasn't prepared and I can't prepare. I know how to deal with those emotions better now. 
His deployment has shown me the strength that I have in myself. How I was able to live my life and keep trudging forward. It wasn't easy and at times, near impossible, but I did it.
I'm sorry but to those that say they can't ever be without their spouses and 'I don't know how you do it,'
you just DO! If you truly love that person the same you did when you said, 'I do' or 'I love you' than there is nothing stopping you from getting through a deployment. It's hard and it hurts, but ANYONE can do it. I promise.
 
day 29- in this past month, what have you learned
I've learned I am HORRIBLE about deadlines. I can't even do this everyday! BUT I am determined to finish it. Nobody ever said I wasn't a determined person. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Please keep them positive and insightful.