7.28.2011

Hooked.



I know I have never formally expressed it here, but later than never is just as good. Right? 
When I went to Kenya in 2006 as a missionary with a small group, I left my heart there. Kenya has a piece of me I will never get back. From the landscape, to the people, to the food and especially the energy, there is nothing like Africa. I fell in love. Needless to say I have yet to go back, but I do plan on it someday. To be quite honest with you, I wish I could live there temporarily. It would be amazing. 

Another thing has been on my heart since returning has been, adoption. My prayer for Josh and myself is to have children, of course. But my prayer includes adopting a child, or two as well. It is so important to me this happens. Now I don't know if Josh and myself are ready to have children yet, but eventually when it does happen I know all will be apart of God's plan.
Jesus even said in Matthew 19:14,
" 14 But Jesus said, “Let the children come to me. Don’t stop them! For the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to those who are like these children.”"

I believe every child should be given a chance into God's Kingdom. All children are loved by God the same. He is our Abba, Father, Redeemer and Savior. I hope I will be just as great of a parent to our future kids as my Heavenly Father has been to me. I know I will make mistakes, but who doesn't?

If you have yet to read the Owen Family blog, "Good To Be Crazy" please do. It is amazing. The writing about their adoption process is so eloquent and straight forward, it brought me to tears.  Also check out the organization they started called "Sixty Feet" about bringing hope and restoration to imprisoned children in Africa. It didn't come to my knowledge until now, policeman imprison young children in Africa simply because they beg and that looks 'bad' in the city. Children are not given a chance at survival. They are simply thrown in jail. The Owen Family started this organization after they adopted their own children from Uganda which had been thrown in jail for over a year.

If you have a few minutes of your day, please, please, please check out both of those links. The stories will touch your heart, like they have touched mine. I promise.

1 comment:

  1. Have you ever thought about sponsoring a child (or children) from Africa through World Vision? I sponsor this little girl named Lily, she is 6 years old and from Congo. I have never met her, but I love her. She writes me letters and sends me drawings. In return I send her things like pencils for her first day of school and ribbons for her hair for special occassions. It is $35/month and goes to help her entire village.
    It has been an incredible experience for me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! Please keep them positive and insightful.