8.22.2011

A Facebook Siesta



I have been avoiding my blog lately. That's the reality of it. I decided I needed to give my time to more important things as of late. Not to say this here blog isn't important, but I felt as if my husband deserved a bit more attention than this blog.
This verse has been weighing on my heart lately;
Hebrews 13:5 "Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”
Every time I have turned on my facebook lately I have seen people say things like, "I'm so happy I get to do ___" or "I love my new ___" and for some reason it's made me very envious. I've been craving things more than normal lately. (Probably doesn't help our anniversary and my birthday are both within a week of each other either.) For the record, I am happy everyone of my friends can do the 'things' they want to or receive the item they have been longing for, but this is causing me to trip in my walk in Christ. 
God has been weighing on my heart to be 'content.' Let me tell you, contentment has been hard to come to terms with. It's not something I'm proud to say I struggle with. But then again, who is proud of their struggles? Struggles are hard to cope with and sometimes they are even painful, but there is always Christ to lean on and tell Him your worries, struggles and heartaches.
...“I will never leave you nor forsake you."...
His words are water to my thirst, sweetness to my heart. Christ is always there when I need Him, but it is MY responsibility to turn to Him during my day. Because of this fact, I am giving up facebook for a week. I need to focus on HIM and my relationships instead of 'facebook.' Facebook will not always be there like He will.  I have given this social networking site way to much of me lately and haven't given Him enough face-time. They say it takes 21 days to start a new habit, well I'm going to start it one week at a time.



I will try and post often here this week of my thoughts,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Please keep them positive and insightful.