8.28.2011

HomeMade 101



So staying off facebook has been so good to me this past week. It's given me time to reflect on me and my relationship with God, Josh and even myself. Also I have been on pinterest lately (not in place of facebook, cross my heart) and I came across a really cool idea. Making your own detergent. Now I'm all about homemade anything actually, but this was something I really wanted to try. So I found a recipe at The Frugal Girls website and the reviews from other people were great! So off to the store I went!
-Borax
-Arm and Hammer Super Washing Soda
-Fels-Naptha
-Oxy-Clean (already had on hand)

I followed their instructions and here is my photo journey through it all.
Disney music is step one.

Correct ingredients are a plus too. Oh and a funnel is SO helpful!

The solution starts to look really creamy and frothy.

Large buckets are helpful in mixing the solution with water

Wish I could take photos of the pouring but it required two hands.
 We put the solution in an empty detergent container. (Oh yeah...that's something you should add to your list to.)
 You wait 24 hours before you can use it so it can thicken up into a gel-like form. I can't wait to try it out, but the reviews sound promising! I'll let you all know.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Please keep them positive and insightful.