10.12.2011

Learning to Live with it.

Since finding out about my long list of allergies, life has gotten a little more difficult in the food area. I've noticed I can pretty much have ANYTHING unhealthy, but healthy options are A LOT harder to find. Here is my list again to jog your memory:
  • Oats
  • Rye
  • Lentils
  • Lima Beans
  • Beets
  • Radishes
  • Avocados (I. Die.)
  • Spinach (So very heartbroken)
  • Oranges (bye bye juice)
  • Olives (Olive oil is OK, olive tapenade is not.)
Did you know there is 'Oat Fiber' is in most white breads? Yeah, buying bread has become interesting. Before I would buy completely whole wheat bread or like my husband puts it, extra healthy. Well those are caput now. I think I am going to resort to making my own bread, since buying bread has become so much harder now. When I go home to visit in November I will be getting bread lessons from a family friend. Yippee! Needless to say, I have had some 'accidental' ingestion of foods. We went to a wedding and I accidentally had avocados, that wasn't pretty. I have eaten oats in a quesadilla I had last week, worst reaction I've had yet! My eyes got really red and I had the worst sharp pains in my stomach soon after.





A lot of prayer and patience is helping me so far. This is a lifestyle change and a learning process. It's not easy, but it's ok, because it's worth it. I am determined to living a healthy life and balanced life. With a little more effort though. Food allergies are HARD. There is no doubt in my mind, hubby is learning to deal with it to. Looking at more ingredient lists, making sure to let me know if that product is OK for me. Patience is what gets us through, I've thrown my hands up a few times already and wanted to quit, but that's not why I got tested in the first place.





If this means making my own food more, I will learn how. I WILL master baking bread. I will. I will. I will. Now I'm off to figure out how to make apple crisp minus the oats. It WILL be done!

Words of encouragement are much appreciated,

2 comments:

  1. Well, if the next few weeks turn out how they seem to be going, you'll have a bread maker in no time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing well friend. hang in there! it only gets easier from here :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! Please keep them positive and insightful.