10.04.2011

Our Love Affair

I worked at four in the A.M. today, as I do most days. After getting off early and a three-ahem-hour nap. Josh and I decided to head up the mountain for a drive. Needless to say I might be back very soon for more days like this. It was a chilly 45 degrees and going from 90+ degrees in the valley, it was a huge change! But a much needed one. I am convinced my husband and I have an equally long love affair with nature as the other. We LOVE being outside.
It was breathtaking and a much needed change from the norm of the desert we are used to. God is so amazing and wonderful in all His creation.
"Before the mountains were born
   or you brought forth the whole world,
   from everlasting to everlasting you are God." 
Psalm 90:2

Lately Josh and I have been struggling with why we are in Las Vegas. We keep thinking,
"The Northwest is home, Colorado is home, anywhere but here and 'Why, Lord?'"
It's hard to understand God's purpose for our life and what is in God's plans for our future. We have lived together in Las Vegas for over two years now and needless to say we have already had our fair share of ups and downs. From the months long heartache of trying to buy a house, Josh's deployment, the ache of our childhood homes and not being able to visit places anytime we want.

"Whoever is patient has great understanding, but one who is quick-tempered displays folly."
Proverbs 14:29

I tell myself on a daily/hourly/minute-ly basis, Remember the ways of the Lord, for His ways are better than what I could ever do. It is so hard to try and remember this AND follow it. God's ways are best, I need to keep reminding myself that. I try to be content in all He has blessed us with, but some days are harder than others.
But then, there are days like this. When being in my husbands arms in the mountains makes all my worries and fears go away. It's almost as if my husband and Jesus are both holding me close, reminding me, I am ME and nobody else. I can only do what ME can handle, Jesus does the rest.
This man makes me happy. Very VERY happy.
Have I ever mentioned we are never ending children together? Well we are. This picture is proof.
At the end of the day I smile at all my worries, because they are completely out of my control. I put my faith in Christ and HIS strength, because I am weak and he is strong. I am me, that is all.


Jesus is my strength. I thank Him everyday for Josh, our apartment, our health, our safety and most importantly our relationship with each other. There are so many bad things in this world and the more I am thankful for, the more I remember how immensely blessed I really am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Please keep them positive and insightful.