8.25.2012

Together


The past couple weeks have been very fun in our family lately. My husband and I celebrated



years of marriage and I got a whole year older! Wahoo! August is always a fun filled month for us, remembering our wedding day and how far we have come since then.


Not only have we been married for three years, but we have lived in two different states together already and now we have one little baby on the way. I can't wait until he looks at our child with as much adoration and love as he does for his niece. I am truly blessed by this man and how much he loves me.

For my birthday I made shawarma. If you don't know what that is, you need to. It's like a gyro, but packed with many different flavors. When my Mom and I went to Romania last year my Uncle introduced us to this delicacy. I've been hooked ever since then. When I talk to my Uncle on the phone he always mentions it to me and I just start drooling over the flavors from then. Being pregnant does NOT help this situation at all. I finally convinced him to tell me the flavors and I made my own version. Needless to say, it was SO good. My husband even enjoyed it. When you hear pita bread, pickles, garlic mayo, ketchup, fries, spicy chicken, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles and onions all on the pita bread make a delicious dinner, you would think I was crazy. Try it, I dare you. I've got my husband hooked and he hates onions, tomatoes and pickles. But somehow all those flavors work really well together.

This is shawarma. Deliciousness.


It's funny how God works in your heart and just tells you to let go of what you are envious of and trust in Him. He has such an awesome plan for us, yet I always feel the need to do it myself, without His help. It always fails. Or sometimes it works, but it never turns out as good as I wanted it to. There's His funny sense of humor again.
He will make our plans succeed, but I have to trust in His timing for us, not by my own doing. His timing is perfect, I just need to let go.

Birthday mani/pedi this year consisted of fall colors. I'm ready for summers high's of 90's and 100's to disperse and bring way to cooler temps. Monday I will be traveling to Seattle where it's already in the 60's there. I. Am. Psyched. So excited for warm drinks, scarves, hats, gloves and trees shedding. It's going to be so pretty and crisp. I can feel it.

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Please keep them positive and insightful.