9.10.2012

Ramblings through Seattle


The week after my birthday I left for Seattle to visit family, friends and do a little work on the side for myself. Needless to say it was a blast!
My sisters, mom and myself all went to a tea room and had salad, soup and english tea. We felt very fancy indeed. But nothing really says fancy like sugar cubes and fancy saucers. It was so wonderful spending my sisters last week of summer vacation together. So crazy to think about where the four of us are in life right now.


My husband and I about to have a baby, my sister Emily a senior in high school, my sister Gabi a sophomore and a cheer leader this year and my 'baby' sister Lavinia in her last year of middle school! Within five years all four of us will be out of school and into 'real' life together.
From youngest to oldest
I'm so happy to call them my sisters and so proud of them individually for all their accomplishments. Each of them so beautiful in their own ways. I could sit and wonder where God is going to take each of us in the next five years, but doing that would not be as fun as leaving it up to Him. Either way it's out of our hands and in His. I am so happy I don't control my life and I leave it up to Christ. So much simpler that way.

Where ever He takes us, it'll for sure be on this crazy adventure called 'life'. I for one am nervous, excited and a little curious, but overall at peace with it.
To think we all went from wagons, pails and buckets to purses, makeup and high heels is more than mind blowing to me. But it's okay, we've been blessed along the path.
This woman has helped guide all four of us and slowly released her grip on our decisions. She's still there to remind us of the Lord and His ultimate plan for us, but we are in control now and as I am soon about to be a mother, I am terrified. But God placed my mom in my life to call upon and ask, "Am I doing it right?"
Thank goodness He did, because I would be more scared than ever.


"For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Please keep them positive and insightful.