4.16.2013

Keep Runnin'


Originally I had started this post in my head last week about how I am tired of people who consider themselves Christ followers using God's book like trail mix. Picking out the m & m's and leaving the raisins. But after yesterday, somehow that doesn't seem applicable. One day I'll put down my words on how our faith shouldn't depend on what feels good, but now, we mourn.

We mourn the loss of those who died while bettering their health and lives. 
Like they, I am bettering my health and life as well. 


I guess I am naive when I continually ask myself how anyone could have so much hate, anger, malice in them to be willing to kill other people? Because you don't plant bombs during a race of thousands to go off for fireworks, ya know? While I could probably go on and on with why's, there is no point when there will never be an answer.

Instead of asking questions without answers I run. I ran last night to no music or conversation, I ran to my own thoughts. I ran for those who weren't able to finish, for those who lost their life and for those hurt.

I have never been a long distance runner, always a sprinter. But since getting back into shape and getting my health back on track I feel a deep connection with the marathon runners of Boston who were effected yesterday. Maybe I'll be running in a half marathon or even a marathon next year, we will have to train, wait and see! 


With that I leave you with a bit of joy from my kid to you. 

A short excerpt from my reading this morning:

"So you will walk in the way of the good and keep to the paths of the righteous.
For the upright will inhabit the land, and those with integrity will remain in it,
but the wicked will be cut off from the land, and the treacherous will be rooted
out of it."
Proverbs 2:20-22

There is hope for those effected and justice for whom cause fear and hurt.

 

1 comment:

Thank you for your comments! Please keep them positive and insightful.