10.17.2013

Fall is Falling.

What is better then pumpkins and a pile of leaves this time of year? Oh yeah, a child that is not teething or fussy, that's what. Eli's starting to push his top two teeth in and it's been rough going around here. We went from waking two times a night to just about every dang hour. Blech. Nursing is comforting to him in his sleep and that's fine, but he is so restless! I think Josh and I may end up on the floor one night with how much he moves. I will probably miss the time when he's in our bed, but definitely not during the teething stages.
Little boy is currently laying in his crib awake. I put him down for his nap just twenty minutes ago. Nice try kid, nice try. At least he's not crying, just blubbering to himself, ba ba ba ba pfffffff ba ba ba.

We played in a pile of leaves yesterday. I may take some and use them as fall decor throughout the house, cheapest fall decorations ever. Love it.
 


 This little boy loved the texture (and taste) of the leaves. It was all so new and exciting to him. I love how he discovers the world around him. It reminds me of the innocence of children and how our faith should be like theirs. Why does my son raise his arms up for me when I'm near him? Faith. He has faith and trust that I will pick him up and care for his needs. He knows mama fixes things. Christ fixes things too, he fixed our way to heaven by dying for us. He picks us up when we are down. He is my safety net I fall into when the world lets me fall. Faith takes courage and courage takes faith. Without either of those our life is nothing.






Luke 10:20
Rejoice that your names are written in heaven.
That verse is so important to me. Are you afraid of dying? Why are you afraid? Is it because of the unknown? Maybe you don't believe, but my faith gives me comfort that I will be in heaven one day. Maybe your excuse is, "I'm not worthy." Well take comfort in the fact I am not either. I shouldn't be going to heaven when I die. I'll admit it. I've lied, stolen, been an all around terrible person. The beauty of Christ is he says, 
"None of that matters. Come to me. I've already taken care of it. Come to me. You lied and he murdered. Come to me. I will wipe your slate clean. I will hold you. Come to me."

Who doesn't want this? Who doesn't want to take comfort in the fact that we are going to heaven as sinners? Everyone has the same title here. And that's OKAY. 
  My atheist or non-religious friends may disagree and that's okay. The beauty of Christ is He gave us the freedom to choose right and wrong. While I may disagree with you, in the end my faith and my relationship with my Lord matters. I will continue to tell you what I believe in and why, that's my job as a Christ follower. It is your choice to follow Him or not.

John 14:6
"Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

Whether you choose to accept His offer or not, please keep an open mind about it. 





With that, I have to go put a baby back down to nap. Thanks for listening to my blubbering.
Ba ba ba ba ba pfffff ba ba ba ba ba...MAMAMAMAMA! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Please keep them positive and insightful.