11.01.2013

Let Me Stick it To Ya.


I find myself thinking I'm so clever or witty with my titles lately, when in reality...I'm really not. But don't burst my bubble just yet! They may get better over time. Who am I kidding? HA! Hope everyone had a fun and safe Halloween last night! I was the trunk coordinator at our church's Trunk or Treat event, so no trick or treating or handing out candy for me. It was a lot of fun, so many creative costumes. PLENTY of superheroes, which is always fun to see. I'm thinking my favorite was our small group friend Kendra, she had the most beautiful Mary Poppins outfit I've ever seen. If I wasn't so busy, I would have taken photos oh well..


So now down to our costumes. I must say I did have a bit of pinterest help, but I have to admit, I didn't think anyone else would really do it. It wasn't very common. In fact we went to two Trunk or Treat events and we were the ONLY people dressed as stick figures. I'd say the whole thing was a success! Next year I hope to do something as creative. We have something in mind already, but we will see what we eventually decide.


Our official stick family photo 2013. 
My outfit had a last minute change. I was going to be a figure like Josh's and Eli's, but decided I needed to be distinctive with the triangle. The only thing that gets me about the whole darn thing is my sweater turned dress (also known as a large maternity sweater) is the WRONG WHITE. Gah. It drove me crazy the whole time. Oh well, can't have it all. Overall, I'm really please with how they turned out. Thank you thrift stores, a roll of duct tape and $25-$30 is what we ended up spending for all of us I believe.

Also, it's really hard to see in those faces. I believe I was saying to Josh, "Your not doing it right." At this moment.
 

Haha. We figured it out eventually. It was a lot of fun walking around with the odd looks. One family finally 'got' it as we got closer and they started laughing, "OH YOUR STICK PEOPLE!" Or the, "Tron? Oh...OH DUH stick figure!" reactions. All in good fun. Needless to say all the feedback we got was awesome, "That is so original and unique!"
Hope everyone enjoyed all the fun and hopefully not too much candy,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Please keep them positive and insightful.