10.09.2014

On Life.

I love our life. I am SO grateful for it honestly.
I love that Josh is fulfilling his doctorate dreams by being in school to be an ER doctor, I am so grateful for being able to be home with Eli and watch him grow and develop into his own little person.
I love going on walks with him during the day and having our little lunch dates just the two of us. I've been finding beauty in the simple things and trying to find thankfulness in everything apart of our lives. Sometimes it's definitely tough but I realize if I have a positive attitude then so does the rest of my family.

"If mama ain't happy, then nobody happy." 

This is SUCH a true statement and a good reminder for me to watch my attitude around the house.
 


 We live a loving, but a bit of a hectic life and I think lately it's been wearing on Eli. This is so hard to see. This morning for example he woke up at 3:45am and didn't go back down until 6 am. Josh woke up to get ready for work and we took Eli out of his room and he shared some breakfast with Josh. While Josh was getting ready to leave Eli wouldn't let him go. He walked out into the garage with Josh waving good bye at the same time as trying to get in the car with him. Heart breaking! I think it hurt Josh more then anything because he had to leave and knew he wouldn't be coming back until late because of class.

1 Corinthians 16:14 Do everything in love. Let all that you do be done in love. Let all that you do be done in love. Let all your things be done with charity.
While it may be hard on Josh to fulfill his dream of being a doctor, I know he enjoys it (well, maybe not the road to get there) because it is IN love he's doing it for himself, for his family and most importantly I know he is going to glorify God with his career. A long and tedious road, but it will all be worth it.


There is not another person in this world who loves Eli more then his daddy. The bond they share is amazing. While I tend to get jealous of Josh because his patience for Eli easily outweigh's mine (he doesn't spend all day with him), I am so very appreciative for their bond. It's a bond he can't share with anyone but his daddy and I absolutely love it.


Eli, we love you more then you will ever know. Thank you for being you. Thank you for showing us innocence and happiness through the eyes of a child. Thank you for showing us how to be kiddos again. We love you so much and we can't wait to see you grow up.

ana.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Please keep them positive and insightful.